photo home-26.png photo about-30.png photo shop-9.png photo sponsor-4.png photo content.png


Sunday, June 23, 2013

Mix and Match


Mixing prints is the perfect way to add a little fun to the everyday shirt and shorts combo. The best way to combine two patterns is to use a common color palette  Here the black and white stripes are a great compliment to my neutral floral shorts. In addition to mixing and matching prints, another trend that I have been loving lately is high-waisted shorts paired with a cropped blouse. Not only is this a great outfit to beat the summer heat, the silhouette feels vintage and modern at the same time. I hope everyone had a great weekend and thank you for reading!

xo Christina



{double link}



Shirt: Olivaceous (old); Shorts: Topshop (old but similar here); Shoes: Zara; Bag: Celine; Bracelets  Madewell, JCrew, David Yurman; Monogram: Max and Chloe; Sunnies: Karen Walker

6 comments:

  1. You look fabulous! I love the mix of stripes and floral.

    xoxo,
    Chelsea & The City

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chelsea! I love mixing prints...it gets me feeling creative!

      Delete
  2. LOVE stripes and floral...great print mix :) I love the crop top with the high waisted shorts!!

    Veloria in Velvet
    www.veloriainvelvet.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Madeline! I have been really into high waisted bottoms... they make me feel so feminine and old school.

      Delete
  3. Literally just bought this top at Misbehavin in Oxford!! Couldn't decide what to wear it with. Love the post! Looking fab!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lora! I bought it at misbehavin as well! I also wore it with a black high waisted maxi skirt and I thought it looked cute! Thanks for commenting and I hope all is well with you :)

      Delete

 

design + development by fabulous k