photo home-26.png photo about-30.png photo shop-9.png photo sponsor-4.png photo content.png


Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Wine & Wedgewood

 Skirt: Tibi (old, but similar here)// Sweater: Topshop // Coat: Topshop // Shoes: Louise te' Cie // Bag: Tory Burch // Sunnies: Karen Walker 'Anywhere

Happy Wednesday! Today on TQLC I am happy to announce that I am going to be a regular contributor on the lifestyle and fashion blog: Fashiony Fab, created by the lovely Maru Ramirez. For my first Fashiony feature I wanted to highlight one of my favorite statements for the fall: Monochromatic dressing. Hitting the mark in monochrome is achieved by combining different textures of the same color. The shine of my skirt is complimented perfectly by a fuzzy cropped sweater, the texture of my embossed shoe, and the pebbled leather of my bag. The effect of this mix creates a lot of depth and richness, and will make even basic pieces look expensive. For this particular look, I used the color of the season: bordeaux. This deep burgundy shade is both luxurious and professional and looks great as an accent or worn from head-to-toe. To top off this single-toned ensemble, I added a wedgwood blue textured coat. I know what you are thinking... I am breaking the monochromatic rules by adding another color! However for the sake of outerwear, the calm blue creates contrast and pops against the otherwise singular-toned outfit. I can't express enough how I love mixing pastels with traditionally fall colors. So have fun this fall by experimenting with mixing textures and wearing a lot of color! I hope you have a great rest of the week and thank you for reading! 








2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this outfit, so happy to have you on the blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning. Love everything about this look.

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by fabulous k