photo home-26.png photo about-30.png photo shop-9.png photo sponsor-4.png photo content.png


Thursday, May 1, 2014

Lemon Fresh



Jacket: Bec and Bridge c/o Mulberry Dreams // Shirt: Zara // Skirt: J.Crew // Clutch: Loeffler Randall // Shoes: Zara (similar here) // Ring: David Yurman // Sunnies: Karen Walker // Lips: Maybeline "Electric Orange"

It is hard to believe it is already May! To bring in the new month, I went bold with color and mixed prints. It is no secret by now that I love black and white stripes. I am pretty sure this love is genetic as my mom has an extensive collection of her own. This structured striped Bec and Bridge blazer from Mulberry Dreams is the perfect spring layer. Even though it has great structure, it is secretly really comfortable due to it's jersey knit fabric. Going full on monochromatic with stripes is instinctual for me, especially in the colder months. So, in the spirit of spring (and almost summer) I felt it was an appropriate departure to choose a bright and fresh lemon yellow.  In keeping with the citrus hues, I finished off with a neon orange lip. There is simply no hiding in this combo!

On another note, thank you for everyone who voted in LookMazing's Who Wore is Best Summer Contest. It was truly an honor to win!!  Stay tuned to LookMazing's blog here to find out who won the giveaway and for an in-depth feature of The Quarter Life Closet coming soon!  I hope everyone has a great weekend and thank you as always for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Loving the mixed prints!
    xo,
    Lisa
    http://www.lisaalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, this looks is amazing. I love that skirt and the way you styled it with stripes. Perfect touch with the clutch.

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by fabulous k